BIBA & Manish Arora form JV
BIBA forays in bridal wear; to promote "INDIAN by Manish Arora".October 26, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
BIBA, the ethnic apparel retailer, forms a joint venture with fashion designer Manish Arora to promote his premium ethnic wear brand, ‘INDIAN by Manish Arora’. Under the JV, BIBA has picked up majority stake, 51:49, making its foray in the bridal and luxury ethnic wear category.
IMA, launched in 2009, offers outfits such as salwar kameez, kurtis, tunics, t-shirts, sarees, lehengas among others, priced from Rs . The company now plans to have a pan-India presence while exploiting BIBA’s strong retail expertise, production capabilities, robust supply linkages and well established network. To start with, the company plans to open up exclusive brand outlets in major metros; and also be available at prominent BIBA stores and other major Multi Brand Outlets (MBOs).
Commenting on the association, Manish Arora said, “Biba being the largest retailer of women ethnic wear is a perfect partner for us to grow our Indian by Manish Arora brand.”
“We have been contemplating to enter the bridal & luxury wear segment for a while now, and with Manish, not only we have the best possible partner but feel it is the right time for us to enter this segment,” said Siddharth Bindra, Managing Director, Biba Apparels Pvt Ltd.
The JV was advised solely by Maple Capital Advisors.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021