BIBA hits a ton
Opens 100th store; plans 40-50 stores in next fiscal.November 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
BIBA, the new age ethnic wear brand, announces opening of its 100th exclusive outlet in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The company has also charted out aggressive expansion plans aiming to tap the existing potential in the booming women Indian-wear category. The brand which started its journey from Mumbai, within a short span of close to 25 years has grown itself to 46 cities and has come a long way.
In fact, BIBA is the first brand in its category to recognize the market potential in small towns and owing to this vision, today BIBA clearly boasts of a huge fan following in small towns and receives great response from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities like Itanagar, Siliguri, Zirakpur Aurangabad, Jabalpur to name a few.
Commenting on the launch, Siddhartha Bindra, Managing Director, BIBA said, “From our first store in 2004 till 100th in 2012, the journey has been both exciting and challenging. It’s a proud moment for all of us.” He further added, “We have managed to evolve alongside the evolving taste of our consumers and this is why have managed to achieve a loyal fan base, pan-India. Our achievements reiterate the fact that over a period,BIBA has carved a niche for itself and is well accepted by the consumers across all demographics.”
“This achievement has given us the strength to get more aggressive towards expansion and we plan to open another 40-50 stores by next financial year”
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2