BMW launches mobile showrooms
Mobile showrooms to be set up in seven cities.
Tags: BMWAugust 13, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
BMW has turned to mobile showrooms to reach out to potential customers beyond the major cities. BMW, which says this is the first such initiative by a luxury car maker in India, plans to have a total of seven mobile showrooms this year. It already has 25 permanent showrooms in India, with plans to expand to 40 by the end of December.
To give customers a feel of the BMW experience, a traveling showroom has several vehicles on display, a reception area and a VIP lounge. Models on display and available for test drives are the recently-introduced 3-Series and 5-Series sedans, as well as the X1, X3 and X5 sport-utility vehicles.
The showrooms will also display models such as the 7-Series sedan and the X6 SUV.
They have received an enthusiastic response to the first mobile showroom, set up on the premises of a hotel in Karnal. “Families are coming to the showroom and checking out the cars for the first time,” the spokesman said.
These temporary showrooms may wale way for permanent showrooms in cities where it is confident of generating sufficient sales.
The mobile showroom in Karnal will remain until Aug. 18, and then will be moved to Agra. It is currently being managed by a BMW dealership based in the northern city of Chandigarh. Other mobile showrooms are planned for six more cities: Agra, Dehradun, Jamshedpur, Patna, Bhopal and Nashik.
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results