Baba Ramdev's Patanjali launches dairy products
The company expects to generate Rs 1,000 crore revenue by 2020September 14, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Baba Ramdev has foryed into dairy business by launching dairy products. Patanjali plans to generate the revenue of Rs 1,000 cr by 2020. As per the statement released by Patanjali the company aims to clock Rs 500 cr by end of this financial year from the exclusive line of cow milk, butter, curd, cheese amongst others.
As the per the information shared, Patanjali has tied up with around 56,000 retailers and vendors to supply milk across Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Pune and Rajasthan in its first phase. The company expects to produce 10 lakh litres of cow milk every day in the financial year 2019-20.
According to a statement by Patanjali, they produced 4 lakh litres of cow milk on the first day of its operation itself. It will soon start selling milk in tetra packs and have plans to offer flavoured milk as well. Patanjali's packed milk will be sold for Rs 40 per litre, instead of the current market rate of Rs 42, the company said.
Patanjali will procure the milk from around 1 lakh farmers it has associated with for this segment. The company claims it will be providing employment to around 5 lakh people by next year, with the help of its new launches.
The company also launched a range of products along with packed milk. Patanjali will now also be selling items such as frozen vegetables such as peas, sweet corn, solar panels, cattle feed and feed supplements, and packaged drinking water, Divya Jal, which will be available in pack sizes of 250 ml, 500 ml, 1 litre, 2 litres, 5 litres and 20 litres.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb’s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi