Barista Lavazza to go on a ‘liqueur coffee’ concept expansion spree
Italian coffee chain Lavazza said that it is all set to make its presence stronger with the concept of ‘liqueur coffee,’ serving coffee with alcohol in more outlets. It plans to increase the number of
May 03, 2010 | comments ( 2 ) |
Italian coffee chain Lavazza said that it is all set to make its presence stronger with the concept of ‘liqueur coffee,’ serving coffee with alcohol in more outlets. It plans to increase the number of outlets to 25-30 by next year.
The concept seems promising to give an aggressive shot, which is likely to enhance its position in the estimated Rs 1,000 crore organised retail cafe market in India.
At present, Lavazza's 'liqueur coffee', which was introduced in India six months back, is available at only one Barista Lavazza outlet in the Capital
"We will start serving liqueur coffees in one more outlet in Delhi very shortly. Our aim is to expand the product to at least 25-30 outlets in major metros like Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore by the end of next year,"
Barista Coffee Company Chief Operating Officer Sanjay Coutinho said that the company will focus on major metros like Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore by the end of next year as part of its growth strategy.
He added that the company has sought license to serve liquor in some states. However, liqueur coffees will be introduced in only selective locations. The company currently serves four hot and four cold liqueur coffee, besides two beers and liqueur desserts. There are currently 220 Barista Lavazza outlets across the country.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021