Bata India Q1 net profit soars by 38.7 per cent
Bata India, a footwear retailer, has recorded 11.2 per cent growth in the net profit at Rs 1,433.0 lakh against Rs 1,033.0 lakh in the corresponding period previous year. The net sales grew 11.2 per c
April 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bata India, a footwear retailer, has recorded 11.2 per cent growth in the net profit at Rs 1,433.0 lakh against Rs 1,033.0 lakh in the corresponding period previous year. The net sales grew 11.2 per cent at Rs. 25,915.4 lakh against Rs. 23,303.2 lakh in the same period last year.
“This impressive performance is the result of higher sales and profitability due to the expansion in our retail stores, a fantastic shoe line, increased store productivity, improved inventory management and great customer service. We will continue with our strategy of expansion in different markets by opening new stores and investing in building our brand.” said Marcelo Villagran, Managing Director, Bata India Limited.
According to the company statement, it has opened 25 new Bata Shoe Stores, two Hush Puppies exclusive stores and two Hush Puppies Shop-in-Shops with the Lifestyle department stores during the first quarter.
These new Bata shoe stores are based on the international format of Bata and have a minimum area of 3000 square foot, which are located in Metros, Mini-metros, Tier I & II.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021