Bata India Q1 net profit soars by 38.7 per cent
Bata India, a footwear retailer, has recorded 11.2 per cent growth in the net profit at Rs 1,433.0 lakh against Rs 1,033.0 lakh in the corresponding period previous year. The net sales grew 11.2 per c
April 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bata India, a footwear retailer, has recorded 11.2 per cent growth in the net profit at Rs 1,433.0 lakh against Rs 1,033.0 lakh in the corresponding period previous year. The net sales grew 11.2 per cent at Rs. 25,915.4 lakh against Rs. 23,303.2 lakh in the same period last year.
“This impressive performance is the result of higher sales and profitability due to the expansion in our retail stores, a fantastic shoe line, increased store productivity, improved inventory management and great customer service. We will continue with our strategy of expansion in different markets by opening new stores and investing in building our brand.” said Marcelo Villagran, Managing Director, Bata India Limited.
According to the company statement, it has opened 25 new Bata Shoe Stores, two Hush Puppies exclusive stores and two Hush Puppies Shop-in-Shops with the Lifestyle department stores during the first quarter.
These new Bata shoe stores are based on the international format of Bata and have a minimum area of 3000 square foot, which are located in Metros, Mini-metros, Tier I & II.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category