Bata India on an expansion spree
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India.
October 12, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores, smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional family stores. Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over 20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India. Meanwhile, the company has unveiled its upmarket flagship store in Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear designs. The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq. ft. The large format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over 800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore