Bata India on an expansion spree
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India.
October 12, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores, smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional family stores. Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over 20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India. Meanwhile, the company has unveiled its upmarket flagship store in Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear designs. The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq. ft. The large format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over 800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes.
- Patanjali looks to open Pardan Stores before diwali
- Evok looking to open 25 franchise stores
- Bonn Group aims Rs 1,000 cr turnover over next three years
- BigBasket acquires majority stake in three startup ventures
- Faasos plans to raise funds for overseas expansion
- Sachin Tendulkar backed Universal Sportsbiz raises Rs 100 crore
- Liberty Lifestyle to target millennials for luxury perfume range
- Nestle eyes 3 per cent sales growth
- Gunjan Soni and Ananya Tripathi to exit Jabong-Myntra by December
- Foodpanda acquires Holachef