Bata India on an expansion spree
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India.
October 12, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores, smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional family stores. Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over 20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India. Meanwhile, the company has unveiled its upmarket flagship store in Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear designs. The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq. ft. The large format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over 800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes.
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store