Bata India on an expansion spree
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India.
October 12, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores, smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional family stores. Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over 20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India. Meanwhile, the company has unveiled its upmarket flagship store in Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear designs. The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq. ft. The large format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over 800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes.
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India
- Samsung eyes 10% more of Indian TV market
- Snapdeal's Jason Kothari quits to join Infibeam
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal asks ministry to relax restrictions over Amazon's food plans
- Furniture retailer Stanley Lifestyles partners with Conde House
- Ikea betting big on localization to win Indian customers