Bata India on an expansion spree
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India.
October 12, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Footwear major Bata India is looking to open 60 stores every year to reach out to customers across India. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores, smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional family stores. Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over 20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India. Meanwhile, the company has unveiled its upmarket flagship store in Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear designs. The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq. ft. The large format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over 800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes.
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform