Bata announces growth plans
Aims to focus on non footwear biz and women's categoryOctober 16, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Major footwear retailer Bata is aiming high on non-footwear biz, and looking to churn out 10per cent of total turnover from this category in current financial year. Non-footwear business of Bata includes bags, belts, sunglasses, scarves and caps. Addressing the same Bata India Group Managing Director Rajeev Gopalakrishnan told to media, "Non-footwear business is small category for us right now but we see it growing significantly in the coming years. We have added new product categories this year to increase our non-footwear business and expect it to contribute 10 per cent to our total turnover,"
Bata India will also focus on tapping fast growing women's category as it looks to register double digit growth in net profit during this calender year. "Women's category is growing at a very fast pace, up to 40 per cent annually. We look at tapping this segment. We will launch more products, footwear and non-footwear, to achieve our growth targets. We will register double digit growth. At present, women's category contributes about 25-28 per cent to overall sales," Gopalakrishnan said. Bata reported turnover of Rs 1,841 crore in the calender year 2012.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021