Bata appoints new VP
Sumit Kumar joins vice-president, marketing and customer services.September 24, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sumit Kumar, former marketing head of Marks & Spencer India, has joined Bata India as vice-president, marketing and customer services. In his new role, Kumar will lead growth and expansion of the brand in the country.
On joining Bata, Kumar says, "Bata is strongly poised to take the growth trajectory to the next level. The brand has strong understanding on consumer needs and is relentlessly focused on improving customer service and quality sales growth." Kumar adds that the brand's strategy and investment programme will continue to drive a cohesive and consistent marketing journey.
In his 16-year career, Kumar has worked in retail, food and hospitality sectors handling business strategies. An MBA degree holder, Kumar received the 'Star Youth Achievers Award' at Global Youth Marketing Forum for his work on youth marketing this year.
Bata India is one of the most well-known domestic retail footwear and accessories brands. Set up in 1932 at Konnagar near Kolkata, the company renamed itself Bata after going public in 1973. The footwear retail chain has presence in 500 cities and has more than 1,250 stores.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021