Bata appoints new VP
Sumit Kumar joins vice-president, marketing and customer services.September 24, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sumit Kumar, former marketing head of Marks & Spencer India, has joined Bata India as vice-president, marketing and customer services. In his new role, Kumar will lead growth and expansion of the brand in the country.
On joining Bata, Kumar says, "Bata is strongly poised to take the growth trajectory to the next level. The brand has strong understanding on consumer needs and is relentlessly focused on improving customer service and quality sales growth." Kumar adds that the brand's strategy and investment programme will continue to drive a cohesive and consistent marketing journey.
In his 16-year career, Kumar has worked in retail, food and hospitality sectors handling business strategies. An MBA degree holder, Kumar received the 'Star Youth Achievers Award' at Global Youth Marketing Forum for his work on youth marketing this year.
Bata India is one of the most well-known domestic retail footwear and accessories brands. Set up in 1932 at Konnagar near Kolkata, the company renamed itself Bata after going public in 1973. The footwear retail chain has presence in 500 cities and has more than 1,250 stores.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2