Bata profit rises 41%, turnover 31%
Continues aggressive expansion, opens 67 new stores.
Tags: BataApril 30, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bata India’s net profit grew by 41 per cent, Rs 3600 lakh in Q1 of 2012 over the corresponding period last year, without considering gains of Rs 8377 lakh from surplus property development. The turnover of the company grew by 31 per cent, Rs 40,548 lakh in Q1 of 2012 as compared to Rs 31,066 lakh for the same period in 2011.
Announcing the results, Rajeev Gopalakrishnan, Group Managing Director, Bata India Limited said, “We are happy to announce successful results again. With an increase in the number of pairs sold, the first quarter of 2012 began on a promising note. We have continued on our strategy of expanding our retail foot print, improving our merchandising and coming up with newer and better designs. We also continue to focus on our product quality and comfort”.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years