Berkeley brings Pinellii to India
Manufacturing units to be set up in India and across the globe.April 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Berkeley Retails Limited has brought well known Italian brand, Pinellii, to India as it has been appointed as the licensee to manufacture and retail its products in Asia.
Sanjay Dahuja, Director, Berkeley Retails Limited, said, “This is a partnership for Asia but we are starting off with India as of now and will move on to other countries after two years. In India, we plan to open 75 stores within this year. The expansion would be pan-India, but being a Chandigarh-based company, we will start off with stores in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh. From there, we will move to Delhi and other metros and then to state capitals.”
The manufacturing units will be set up in India and across the globe, and the complete range of Pinellii products will be launched by 2014.
The next 25 stores opened by Berkeley will be exclusive Pinellii stores. These stores will offer a range of merchandise from the US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, etc, including apparel and accessories.
The first six stores are set to be launched between May 1 and May 31; the remaining stores will be opened from the second quarter onwards.
The product range includes sunglasses, travel cases, laptop bags, watches, handmade shoes, wallets, belts and handbags. In terms of turnover, they plan to achieve Rs 100 crore within the first year of operation, Rs 250 crore in the second and Rs 400 crore by the third year of operation.
Pinellii products will be available in the price range of Rs 2,000-Rs 15,000.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2