Bharti Retail expands viacompact hypermarket segment
Bharti Retail Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, unveiled its first Easyday market TM, a consumer - friendly format store,in Ludhiana.
December 24, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bharti Retail Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, unveiled its first Easyday market TM, a consumer - friendly format store,in Ludhiana. The new outlet,which claims to be a tribute to the Indian homemaker, marks the foray of Bharti Retail into the Compact hypermarket segment. The Easyday market TM sweeps across 25,000 sq ft and stocks items ranging from apparel for men, women and children, tohome furnishings, home ware, cosmetics, a myriad of children’s toys, small appliances, mobile phones and stationery.Furthermore, the new hypermarket hosts a live bakery, meat shop, poultry , fish, fruits , vegetables, grocery and general merchandise. The store professes to cater to every family’s daily needs at reasonable rates. The outlet employees have been equipped with structured training by Bharti Academy of Retail, which is currently operational in Ludhiana and Jallandhar, and has been establishedby Bharti Retail Ltd itself. On the occasion, Mr. Vinod Sawhny , President and Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Retail Ltd said, “Easyday market TM’ is created and designed to redefine the phrase, ‘market’ in the Indian consumers’ minds. Our consumers desire everything that is available across different markets, to be under one roof. They also want everything to be available at the best price every day. This is exactly what Easyday market TM’ promises to deliver.” Presently, Bharti Retail mans 17 Easyday markets in Punjab and Haryana.These hypermarkets are 100 percent possessed and controlled by Bharti Enterprises.
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald’s has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India