Bharti Retail expands viacompact hypermarket segment
Bharti Retail Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, unveiled its first Easyday market TM, a consumer - friendly format store,in Ludhiana.
December 24, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bharti Retail Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, unveiled its first Easyday market TM, a consumer - friendly format store,in Ludhiana. The new outlet,which claims to be a tribute to the Indian homemaker, marks the foray of Bharti Retail into the Compact hypermarket segment. The Easyday market TM sweeps across 25,000 sq ft and stocks items ranging from apparel for men, women and children, tohome furnishings, home ware, cosmetics, a myriad of children’s toys, small appliances, mobile phones and stationery.Furthermore, the new hypermarket hosts a live bakery, meat shop, poultry , fish, fruits , vegetables, grocery and general merchandise. The store professes to cater to every family’s daily needs at reasonable rates. The outlet employees have been equipped with structured training by Bharti Academy of Retail, which is currently operational in Ludhiana and Jallandhar, and has been establishedby Bharti Retail Ltd itself. On the occasion, Mr. Vinod Sawhny , President and Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Retail Ltd said, “Easyday market TM’ is created and designed to redefine the phrase, ‘market’ in the Indian consumers’ minds. Our consumers desire everything that is available across different markets, to be under one roof. They also want everything to be available at the best price every day. This is exactly what Easyday market TM’ promises to deliver.” Presently, Bharti Retail mans 17 Easyday markets in Punjab and Haryana.These hypermarkets are 100 percent possessed and controlled by Bharti Enterprises.
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail
- DailyNinja acquires WakeupBasket
- Amazon.in sees its biggest celebration everwith record sales across all categories
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb’s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale