Bharti Retail expands viacompact hypermarket segment
Bharti Retail Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, unveiled its first Easyday market TM, a consumer - friendly format store,in Ludhiana.
December 24, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bharti Retail Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, unveiled its first Easyday market TM, a consumer - friendly format store,in Ludhiana. The new outlet,which claims to be a tribute to the Indian homemaker, marks the foray of Bharti Retail into the Compact hypermarket segment. The Easyday market TM sweeps across 25,000 sq ft and stocks items ranging from apparel for men, women and children, tohome furnishings, home ware, cosmetics, a myriad of children’s toys, small appliances, mobile phones and stationery.Furthermore, the new hypermarket hosts a live bakery, meat shop, poultry , fish, fruits , vegetables, grocery and general merchandise. The store professes to cater to every family’s daily needs at reasonable rates. The outlet employees have been equipped with structured training by Bharti Academy of Retail, which is currently operational in Ludhiana and Jallandhar, and has been establishedby Bharti Retail Ltd itself. On the occasion, Mr. Vinod Sawhny , President and Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Retail Ltd said, “Easyday market TM’ is created and designed to redefine the phrase, ‘market’ in the Indian consumers’ minds. Our consumers desire everything that is available across different markets, to be under one roof. They also want everything to be available at the best price every day. This is exactly what Easyday market TM’ promises to deliver.” Presently, Bharti Retail mans 17 Easyday markets in Punjab and Haryana.These hypermarkets are 100 percent possessed and controlled by Bharti Enterprises.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG