Bharti Retail increases its store count in North India
In its first phase of operations, Bharti Retail has strengthened its position in north India by opening 59 stores in Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and New Delhi, called Easy Day store
February 03, 2010 | comments ( 6 ) |
In its first phase of operations, Bharti Retail has strengthened its position in north India by opening 59 stores in Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and New Delhi, called Easy Day stores. In addition, it also has launched three compact hyper stores called Easy Day Market in Punjab. Bharti Retail at present, focuses on North India, but has plans to expand operations into other parts of India.
It is learnt that in the next five years, Bharti Retail would see a US investment of 2 to 2.5 billion dollars in its stores across the country, and would employ about 60,000 people. The company plans to offer approximately 10 million square feet of retail experience across all cities in India.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore