Bharti Retail takes a marketplace Plunge to set up neighborhood shops
Bharti Retail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, has taken the plunge in neighbourhood store format retailing by launching 3 Easy Day stores in Ludhiana.
April 17, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bharti Retail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises, has taken the plunge in neighbourhood store format retailing by launching 3 Easy Day stores in Ludhiana. These stores are meant for selling daily use items like personal care products, stationery, household articles, hosiery items, daily need groceries including staples, processed foods, bakery & dairy products, meat & poultry and fresh produce. Easy Day stores would be a one stop shop to cater to every family’s day to day needs. It will bring together a relevant and wide product range, good quality products and great in-store experience and service – all under one roof. Easy Day stores employ people from the local communities in Ludhiana. The store employees have been provided intensive and structured training by Bharti Academy of Retail, which has been set up by Bharti Retail Limited. The institute has already given training to 1800 local people from different social strata thereby imparting skill required for organized retailing. Bharti Retail is offering unique opportunities like flexi-hour work schedules for the first time to diverse workforce including meat sellers, fruits & vegetable vendors, housewives, retired people, rural population, physically challenged persons and youth who could not complete their school & college. These initiatives will, as Bharti Retail hopes, help facilitating inclusive growth in communities in which its stores operate in.
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet
- Singapore based CCube Angels Network Invests in Inner Being
- Amazon readies for Prime Day with blockbuster deals
- Shoppers Stop betting big on omni-channel strategy
- Now IKEA will launch its first store in India on August 9
- Panasonic India aims aggressive growth
- Bosch Home Appliances partners with Amazon
- Indias retail sales will cross $1,244.58 billion by 2018: ASSOCHAM-Resurgent study
- Jacqueline Fernandez and Mojostar unveil active wear brand Just F