Bharti Walmart: Celebrations in Amritsar
Best Price Modern Wholesale, the business-to-business (B2B) wholesale cash-and-carry store of Bharti Walmart Private Limited in Amritsar completed one year since its opening on May 30, 2009.
June 01, 2010 | comments ( 2 ) |
Best Price Modern Wholesale, the business-to-business (B2B) wholesale cash-and-carry store of Bharti Walmart Private Limited in Amritsar completed one year since its opening on May 30, 2009. The cash-and-carry store which serves small retailers, manufacturers and farmers has immensely benefited the members as a one-stop shop offering multiple benefits of price, convenience, choice, quality and hygiene. Today, Best Price Modern Wholesale in Amritsar has over 35,000 members.
Speaking on the occasion, Raj Jain, Managing Director & CEO, Bharti Walmart said, “It has been a great journey since the opening of our first store in May last year.Our strong member base is a testimony on how we have fared so far. Our second store in Zirakpur is a reflection of our commitment to continue providing great value and strengthen our relationship with our myriad stakeholders in enabling their businesses to prosper.”
With the opening of the second Best Price Modern Wholesale recently in Zirakpur, Bharti Walmart intends to expand business by continuing to provide its members with the best quality and value for their money. The joint venture aims to open 10-15 wholesale cash-and-carry stores and employ approximately 6,000-7,000 people over the next three years in India.
Bharti Retail expands
Also, amid the reports of FDI in multi-brand retail, Bharti Retail, owners of Easy Day stores, is planning expansion. The retail earlier restricted its presence to Punjab for almost three years. The retail arm of Bharti Enterprises, which has a joint venture with world’s largest retailer Wal-Mart in the cash-and-carry wholesale segment, plans to more than double its number of stores this year. It plans to have 125 Easy Day supermarkets and 13 Easy Day Market by the end-of-the-year.
It currently operates 60 Easy Day stores across Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh and six Easy Day Market stores across Punjab, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021