Bharti Walmart: Celebrations in Amritsar
Best Price Modern Wholesale, the business-to-business (B2B) wholesale cash-and-carry store of Bharti Walmart Private Limited in Amritsar completed one year since its opening on May 30, 2009.
June 01, 2010 | comments ( 2 ) |
Best Price Modern Wholesale, the business-to-business (B2B) wholesale cash-and-carry store of Bharti Walmart Private Limited in Amritsar completed one year since its opening on May 30, 2009. The cash-and-carry store which serves small retailers, manufacturers and farmers has immensely benefited the members as a one-stop shop offering multiple benefits of price, convenience, choice, quality and hygiene. Today, Best Price Modern Wholesale in Amritsar has over 35,000 members.
Speaking on the occasion, Raj Jain, Managing Director & CEO, Bharti Walmart said, “It has been a great journey since the opening of our first store in May last year.Our strong member base is a testimony on how we have fared so far. Our second store in Zirakpur is a reflection of our commitment to continue providing great value and strengthen our relationship with our myriad stakeholders in enabling their businesses to prosper.”
With the opening of the second Best Price Modern Wholesale recently in Zirakpur, Bharti Walmart intends to expand business by continuing to provide its members with the best quality and value for their money. The joint venture aims to open 10-15 wholesale cash-and-carry stores and employ approximately 6,000-7,000 people over the next three years in India.
Bharti Retail expands
Also, amid the reports of FDI in multi-brand retail, Bharti Retail, owners of Easy Day stores, is planning expansion. The retail earlier restricted its presence to Punjab for almost three years. The retail arm of Bharti Enterprises, which has a joint venture with world’s largest retailer Wal-Mart in the cash-and-carry wholesale segment, plans to more than double its number of stores this year. It plans to have 125 Easy Day supermarkets and 13 Easy Day Market by the end-of-the-year.
It currently operates 60 Easy Day stores across Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh and six Easy Day Market stores across Punjab, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint