Bharti Walmart launches Sustainable Agricultural Program in Punjab
Bharti Walmart Private Limited unveiled its Sustainable Agricultural Program in Haider Nagar village (near Malerkotla), Punjab.
March 31, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bharti Walmart Private Limited unveiled its Sustainable Agricultural Program in Haider Nagar village (near Malerkotla), Punjab. The program provides closed loop sanitation and energy-efficient modern solutions through community toilets and bio-gas plants to the community in Haider Nagar with a view to help mitigate practices that impact the yield and quality of the farm produce being supplied to organised retail stores. This initiative forms part of Bharti Walmart’s objective to set up an efficient and robust supply chain that maximises value for farmers and retailers.
The implementation of this community development program highlights Bharti Walmart’s commitment to provide quality fresh produce to retail stores through better agronomic practices and efficient supply chain management.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years