Bicycles costing less than Rs 3500 in UP will get exemption of VAT: Akhilesh
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced exemption of VAT for bicycles costing less than Rs 3,500, Says aPTI report.
Tags: Akhilesh YadavSeptember 15, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced exemption of VAT for bicycles costing less than Rs 3,500, Says aPTI report. UP CM Akhilesh Yadav said bicycles in the state costing less than Rs 3500 will be exempted from VAT. UP CM Akhilesh Yadav said bicycles in the state costing less than Rs 3500 will be exempted from VAT. "A large number of population in the state uses bicycles as their mode of conveyance specially farmers, labourers, students and the poor people and is used in both urban and rural areas ", a press release quoting the Chief Minister said in Lucknow. "It is most necessary to give impetus to the economic growth of poor and weaker sections of society", he said while deciding to remove VAT on bicycles costing less than Rs 3,500. Therefore, keeping in view the welfare of these sections, the state government has decided to lower the cost of bicycles", he said. The Chief Minister said bicycle is also a mode of travel which is pollution free and helps in fitness.
Image courtesy: http://www.corbisimages.com/
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India