Big Bazaar to focus fashion to improve revenue
Aims to open 15-20 new FBB storesSeptember 23, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Retail chain Big Bazaar aims to churn its product mix, so as to generate at least one-third of revenue from the fashion segment. At present, the fashion segment contributes quarter of the revenues of the Future group-led retail stores. Speaking on development, Mehrotra, chief marketing officer, Future Group, said, “We are introducing a new autumn-winter collection in stores. We are bringing local celebrity connect, which connects with the audience here. We want the fashion segment to account for one-third of our business,”
The company would focus on generating volumes in the fashion segment to stick to the budget segment of clothing, and to move away from the concept of hyper market to value departmental stores, he added.
With a view to revamp the fashion segment, Big Bazaar would also open about 15-20 new standalone FBB (Fashion at Big Bazaar) stores. At present, the company already operates 29 FBB stores.
Recently, Future Group launched its direct selling service called Big Bazaar Direct which would allow customers to directly place orders with appointed Big Bazaar franchisees.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO