Big Bazaar to focus fashion to improve revenue
Aims to open 15-20 new FBB storesSeptember 23, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Retail chain Big Bazaar aims to churn its product mix, so as to generate at least one-third of revenue from the fashion segment. At present, the fashion segment contributes quarter of the revenues of the Future group-led retail stores. Speaking on development, Mehrotra, chief marketing officer, Future Group, said, “We are introducing a new autumn-winter collection in stores. We are bringing local celebrity connect, which connects with the audience here. We want the fashion segment to account for one-third of our business,”
The company would focus on generating volumes in the fashion segment to stick to the budget segment of clothing, and to move away from the concept of hyper market to value departmental stores, he added.
With a view to revamp the fashion segment, Big Bazaar would also open about 15-20 new standalone FBB (Fashion at Big Bazaar) stores. At present, the company already operates 29 FBB stores.
Recently, Future Group launched its direct selling service called Big Bazaar Direct which would allow customers to directly place orders with appointed Big Bazaar franchisees.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021