BlackBerry to shut down music, video sections from July 21
BlackBerry today said it will shut down the music and video sections on its app store, BlackBerry World from July 21.June 20, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
NEW DELHI: Canadian handset maker BlackBerry today said it will shut down the music and video sections on its app store, BlackBerry World from July 21.
The announcement comes close on the heels of BlackBerry's partnership with Amazon to make 240,000 Android apps available to its users.
"While BlackBerry World will continue to offer music and video services via third party applications -- again giving you more choices for your valued content -- we will be closing the music and video sections of our store on July 21st," it said on its blogpost.
It added that previously downloaded content will be available after that date through MyWorld (user account under BlackBerry World).
"Users will be able to access video and music services through a number of popular third party services available through the Amazon Appstore and BlackBerry World," it said.
Under the licensing agreement with Amazon announced yesterday for the Amazon Appstore, users will have access to more than 200,000 Android apps when the Waterloo-based firm introduces its latest BlackBerry 10.3 operating system later this year.
This would mean BlackBerry users will finally have access to popular apps like Groupon, Netflix, Pinterest, Candy Crush Saga and Minecraft.
Along with access to Amazon Appstore, the company will continue to offer BlackBerry World.
Yesterday, the firm said it has entered into a licensing deal with Amazon, which will give BlackBerry 10 users access to 240,000 android apps on the e-commerce giant's app store, a move aimed at boosting the sales of its latest smartphone.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India