Blackberrys Aims To Rise As Rs 1,500 Cr Brand By 2020
Originally, the company presently operates 240 brand stores in which 185 are the company operated stores and rest are franchise operated.April 16, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
With the expansion contribute sales network, Menswear brand Blackberrys aims to grow over 60 per cent in two years to register Rs 1,500 crore turnover by FY2020, said a top company official.
The company, which operates three brands Blackberrys, Blackberrys Causals and Urban has plans to add 100 new stores this fiscal.
"We are expecting 25 percent this fiscal and the next fiscal and we see ourself in the region of Rs 1,500 crore by FY 2019-2020," Blackberrys Director Nikhil Mohan said.
Blackberrys, which had started its journey from the bylanes of Chandni Chowk in 1991, had closed FY 2017-18 with a revenue of around Rs 900 crore.
Originally, the company presently operates 240 brand stores of which 185 are the company operated stores and rest are franchise operated.
In the coming new 100 stores, which the company plans to open this fiscal, 35 will be company owned and rest 65 would be franchise operated.
"Our biggest focus is South India, which is a large market for the industry. Our participation is there low right now," Mohan said, adding that the company had created logistics infrastructures to help growth in the region.
Presently, its exclusive retail stores contributes almost 50 per cent in sales volume, while the rest come from multi-brand outlets and other channels.
Online sales contribute around 6 per cent of the total sales, Mohan added.
Blackberrys also expects contribution from accessory products to grow up to 10 per cent of its total stores' sale from the present 7 per cent.
As part of its strategy, Blackberrys has last week revamped its brand image and adopted a new logo and tagline.
- Havells posts Q1 net profit at Rs 210 cr
- Bata India reports 37% rise in Q1 2018-19 Net profit to Rs 82.6 crore
- Canon India expands retail footprint in Mumbai
- Bajaj Electricals is expecting a growth of over 25% in Lighting segment
- Flipkart and Hotstar come together to announce a new ad platform
- Yaantra sells 500k refurbished smartphones
- V Mart embraces PeopleStrong Alt to empower digital HR
- Amazon Prime Days register 35% surge from small towns
- Select CITYWALK adds Japanese luxury brand Onitsuka Tiger to its brand portfolio
- Milkbasket launches voice buying