Blaupunkt in tune with India
Enters into JV with AutoSonics India.June 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Blaupunkt is geared up to escalate its share in the Indian market. Through its JV with its India partner, AutoSonics India, it will take on the market. The industry is moving swiftly with enough opportunities to cash on. It will rev up is distribution set up across the country and work at different levels to be able to offer more to the customers.
Lars Placke, CEO, Blaupunkt, says, “The JV does not change much on one level. On a second level, it has brought us closer to the customer. He will now be dealing directly with Blaupunkt, meaning a higher commitment on the brand’s part to customer as well as a wider product portfolio.”
On the OEM front, Blaupunkt already has tie-ups with Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra and Hyundai. For the retail sales, the company is looking at increasing its distributor reach from 25 to 40. Each distributor in turn will cater to around 100 retailers, translating into a coverage of around 4,000 retailers pan-India. The key advantage of the JV would be the scope for customising the solutions for OEM as well as on the retail front.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years