Bombay Store completes 106 yrs
The Indian lifestyle chain retails over 25,000 SKUs.December 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Bombay Store, the Indian contemporary lifestyle retail chain, completes 106 glorious years of operation in the Indian retail industry. The brand retails over 25,000 SKUs in four categories such as home accessories, home decor, home furnishings and fashion accessories.
Asim Dalal, Managing Director of The Bombay Store, says, "We have come a long way in the last 106 years. It has been a memorable journey, adding new product lines, launching new stores and welcoming more members on our team! We began with the philosophy to set up a chain of 'lifestyle' retail stores in this fast paced market of organised retail. The Bombay Store started as a store to promote handicrafts and handloom, and over a period of time it has evolved to become a treasure trove for all things Indian. As times changed, the needs of our customers evolved, thus urging us to showcase our products in a new light. So with the changing times, the classic look had to take a new twist. As our tagline suggests - 'Discover a New India' - we try to bring a slice from every part of India with a contemporary touch. We always endeavour to provide the best and widest product range to our customers through high levels of customer service. We give them an experience that they look forward to. For us, offering discounts isn't our 'marketing strategy' but it stems from the desire to cater to our customers' needs and giving them more opportunities to shop with us."
The Bombay Store recently entered into an agreement with Yash Raj Films for the launch of exclusive Yash Raj Films’ merchandise.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021