Bottleneck for LG at Vijay Sales
The two are experiencing differences and conflicts due to margins.December 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
LG India and Vijay Sales have chosen separate paths from here on as they snap retail ties. The two are experiencing differences and conflicts due to margins. According to Nilesh Gupta, MD, Vijay Sales, “This is the first time that we have had differences with LG, and their products have not been at our stores for more than six months. LG televisions come third in terms of sales after Sony and Samsung. But we are in the process of resolving this conflict”.
But with margins going thin for consumer durables the two will need to sit and sort out the difference and terms of tie up.
As for LG, it does not fear any drop in its market share as it has the support of 1,000-odd exclusive franchise stores under its name, apart from several other multi-brand outlets in tier-2 and -3 cities.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India