Bush Foods merges with Hassad Foods
To expand offering to livestock.April 05, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
One of India’s leading basmati rice makers, Bush Foods has merged operations with Qatar based food firm, Hassad Foods. With the merger, Hassad Foods, a premier investor in food and livestock industries has obtained majority equity in Bush Foods overseas.
The conference was presided by Vikram Awasthy, MD of Bush Foods Overseas Private Limited, Naseer Al Hajri, His Excellency Chairman of Hassad Foods and Hassan Al Amadi, Ambassador State of Qatar, Republic of India. The agreement was concluded and signed in Doha by the respective heads.
“Hassad’s mission is to own and develop efficient, profitable, growth-oriented global brands, contributing to the welfare of Qatar and other societies by providing high quality products while using the latest technology in harmony with the environment and adhering to the highest standards of corporate social responsibility. I am confident that the acquisition of Bush Food Overseas and its international brands is in line with what we are trying to achieve and will deliver what is expected from it” Al Hajri concluded.
Bush Foods overseas was founded in 1992 and has a current turnover of over USD 235 million. It is a global brand in Basmati Rice available in over 60 countries.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2