C&W ranks India 24th in global retail survey
Main Streets Across the World 2009, a Cushman & Wakefield’s annual global survey, has ranked India as the 24th most expensive retail destination.
September 23, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Main Streets Across the World 2009, a Cushman & Wakefield’s annual global survey, has ranked India as the 24th most expensive retail destination. Khan Market (New Delhi), the most expensive retail high street in India slipped from 17th position in 2008 to its old ranking of the year 2006. New York’s Fifth Avenue retained its title as the world’s most expensive shopping destination followed by Hong Kong’s Causeway Bay and Avenue des Champs Elysées in Paris. The biggest fall in rents was in Mumbai with Colaba Causeway falling 63.5 per cent, Linking Road Bandra by 63 per cent and Kemps Corner by 60 per cent.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG