CCD: To invest Rs 150 crore on rebranding
With an investment of Rs 150 crore, Café Coffee Day (CCD) is planning to roll out
July 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
With an investment of Rs 150 crore, Café Coffee Day (CCD) is planning to roll out180 outlets, this fiscal. CCD plans to expand its current 970 stand alone outlets to 1,150within this fiscal, aiming 2000 outlet mark by 2015. Out of proposed 180 stores, 65would be new format lounge and eight squares built in an area of 1,200 sq ft and 2,000sq ft, respectively. The investment would also include the rebranding exercises. Asignificant change in the rebranding strategy is the transformation of the famous squareCafé Coffee Day logo to a ‘Dialogue Box’, with the words Café Coffee Day written ina distinct, specially created font , which symbolizes the companies motto of providing aperfect place to relax and dialogue.
Other features include all new smart menu, take away dining, comfortable seating optionand different cutlery. When asked about the inspiration behind rebranding, Alok Gupta,Director, Café Coffee Day, India, said, “It all started as a consumer-insight exercise tofigure out what actually the consumers want from CCD as a brand, and we found out thatthey see it as a place where conversation takes place and also brand CCD has a globalaspiration, that is, we wanted to be ‘culturally neutral, globally relevant’. I think the newrebranding strategy takes care of both”.
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear