CCD: To invest Rs 150 crore on rebranding
With an investment of Rs 150 crore, Café Coffee Day (CCD) is planning to roll out
July 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
With an investment of Rs 150 crore, Café Coffee Day (CCD) is planning to roll out180 outlets, this fiscal. CCD plans to expand its current 970 stand alone outlets to 1,150within this fiscal, aiming 2000 outlet mark by 2015. Out of proposed 180 stores, 65would be new format lounge and eight squares built in an area of 1,200 sq ft and 2,000sq ft, respectively. The investment would also include the rebranding exercises. Asignificant change in the rebranding strategy is the transformation of the famous squareCafé Coffee Day logo to a ‘Dialogue Box’, with the words Café Coffee Day written ina distinct, specially created font , which symbolizes the companies motto of providing aperfect place to relax and dialogue.
Other features include all new smart menu, take away dining, comfortable seating optionand different cutlery. When asked about the inspiration behind rebranding, Alok Gupta,Director, Café Coffee Day, India, said, “It all started as a consumer-insight exercise tofigure out what actually the consumers want from CCD as a brand, and we found out thatthey see it as a place where conversation takes place and also brand CCD has a globalaspiration, that is, we wanted to be ‘culturally neutral, globally relevant’. I think the newrebranding strategy takes care of both”.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn