CCD’s first acquisition overseas
Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) has announced that is has bought out, Café Emporio, a Czech Republic café chain, for Rs 15 crore.
June 02, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) has announced that is has bought out, Café Emporio, a Czech Republic café chain, for Rs 15 crore. This is the first acquisition for the company. The café chain has 11 cafes in the Czech Republic, seven of them are in Prague and one each in Brno and Olomouc and two at Freeport-Hate.
The acquisition implies that Café Coffee Day is willing to increase its international presence, especially in the central & eastern European region, said Swetha Shetty, president, international business for Café Coffee Day.
Witnessing the big investments in the past seven to eight years in Central and Eastern Europe, besides the coming up of a strong new private sector, the company feels that the regions have strong emerging economies.
CCD is exploring several acquisition options to increase its footprint in the region. Café Emporio cafes will be co-branded and soon be named as ‘Café Coffee Day-Emporio.
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores