Café Coffee Day to tie up with retail chains
Café Coffee Day (CCD) plans to tie up with leading retail chains in the B2C space to vend its coffees at a national level.
September 24, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Café Coffee Day (CCD) plans to tie up with leading retail chains in the B2C space to vend its coffees at a national level. The coffee retail chain proposes to have a ‘dual’ strategy to expand its business both as a packaged retail brand as well as a coffee chain. There are also plans to sell percolators for which the company would be providing after-sales services. Currently, Café Coffee Day retails its brand at Metro, the cash-and- carry format store. However, unlike the brews available at its coffee chains, its retail strategy would have select flavours to cater to the in-home consumption category. Two kinds of coffee would be available on retail shelves. One would be the brew coffee and the other quick coffee. Its retail presence on the shop shelves is being seen as a forward integration of its business. Besides, it would continue to sell some of its coffees and filters at its existing coffee parlours as well. With funding from private equity players such as Sequoia Capital and Deutsche Bank, CCD is well-equipped to spread its retail operations. Currently, there are 1,200 café retail outlets in the country of which 810 are CCD outlets.
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor