Café Coffee Day to tie up with retail chains
Café Coffee Day (CCD) plans to tie up with leading retail chains in the B2C space to vend its coffees at a national level.
September 24, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Café Coffee Day (CCD) plans to tie up with leading retail chains in the B2C space to vend its coffees at a national level. The coffee retail chain proposes to have a ‘dual’ strategy to expand its business both as a packaged retail brand as well as a coffee chain. There are also plans to sell percolators for which the company would be providing after-sales services. Currently, Café Coffee Day retails its brand at Metro, the cash-and- carry format store. However, unlike the brews available at its coffee chains, its retail strategy would have select flavours to cater to the in-home consumption category. Two kinds of coffee would be available on retail shelves. One would be the brew coffee and the other quick coffee. Its retail presence on the shop shelves is being seen as a forward integration of its business. Besides, it would continue to sell some of its coffees and filters at its existing coffee parlours as well. With funding from private equity players such as Sequoia Capital and Deutsche Bank, CCD is well-equipped to spread its retail operations. Currently, there are 1,200 café retail outlets in the country of which 810 are CCD outlets.
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald's has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjaliâ€™s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India