California’s Callaway Golf to foray into India; selects Indian golfer Jeev M Singh as brand ambassador
California-based Callaway Golf Company has announced the naissance of its new subsidiary, Callaway Golf India to retail its products...
January 14, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
California-based Callaway Golf Company has announced the naissance of its new subsidiary, Callaway Golf India to retail its products in one of the most emerging markets on the global golf landscape. The company has also declared a promotional partnership with Jeev Milkha Singh, the top-ranked Indian golfer to endorse the brand in India.
Callaway Golf spans over 110 countries and its overseas business accounts for over half of the company’s annual turnover. While commencing the entry in India, George Fellows, President and CEO said, “We see great potential in the Indian market and are looking forward to introduce our products, which are the most innovative and technologically advanced in the game. We feel the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) recent decision to reinstate golf as an Olympic sport and the growing number of international players, including Jeev Milkha Singh, among the upper echelons of the World Golf Rankings indicates a global golf marketplace poised for growth.”
Receiving the honour from Callaway Golf, Jeev Milkha Singh opined, “I’m delighted to be associated with Callaway Golf, a brand that shares the same values I do. Callaway offers leadership in innovation, design and style across the world of golf. I do believe Callaway is one of the most exciting and exclusive global sporting brands and I’m privileged to be a part of their plans and commitment in India.”
Callaway will offer the Indian golfers the entire range of its golf equipments and clothing under the Callaway, Odyssey and Top-Flite brands by setting-up stores. It is said that everything that is available in the US will be marketed in India. However, the name of the first city to greet this foreign brand is not revealed.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore