California’s Callaway Golf to foray into India; selects Indian golfer Jeev M Singh as brand ambassador
California-based Callaway Golf Company has announced the naissance of its new subsidiary, Callaway Golf India to retail its products...
January 14, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
California-based Callaway Golf Company has announced the naissance of its new subsidiary, Callaway Golf India to retail its products in one of the most emerging markets on the global golf landscape. The company has also declared a promotional partnership with Jeev Milkha Singh, the top-ranked Indian golfer to endorse the brand in India.
Callaway Golf spans over 110 countries and its overseas business accounts for over half of the company’s annual turnover. While commencing the entry in India, George Fellows, President and CEO said, “We see great potential in the Indian market and are looking forward to introduce our products, which are the most innovative and technologically advanced in the game. We feel the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) recent decision to reinstate golf as an Olympic sport and the growing number of international players, including Jeev Milkha Singh, among the upper echelons of the World Golf Rankings indicates a global golf marketplace poised for growth.”
Receiving the honour from Callaway Golf, Jeev Milkha Singh opined, “I’m delighted to be associated with Callaway Golf, a brand that shares the same values I do. Callaway offers leadership in innovation, design and style across the world of golf. I do believe Callaway is one of the most exciting and exclusive global sporting brands and I’m privileged to be a part of their plans and commitment in India.”
Callaway will offer the Indian golfers the entire range of its golf equipments and clothing under the Callaway, Odyssey and Top-Flite brands by setting-up stores. It is said that everything that is available in the US will be marketed in India. However, the name of the first city to greet this foreign brand is not revealed.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021