Canon aims to be numero uno
Canon eyes number one position in inkjet printer by 2015.October 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Canon India, the digital imaging company, with the launch of its innovative imaging software My Image Garden for its PIXMA range of inkjet printers along with new Ink Efficient Series and colour variant models, aims to be the leader in inkjet printers by 2015.
Speaking on this occasion Dr. Alok Bharadwaj, Senior Vice President, Canon India Pvt Ltd said, “Canon had phenomenal growth by 30% in Inkjet category by year to date. This print space is undergoing major reconfiguration following our introduction of new technology that makes print cost more affordable.
With strong marketing initiatives our market share has jumped to 22% in Q3 2012. This domain is vital for our future plans and we are aiming to reach 25% in the year 2013. We are putting all our efforts to take market leadership by the year 2015.”
Adding to its Hideaki Fukai, Group Executive, Inkjet Product Operations, Canon Inc, Japan said “Printers at home are being looked at as a lifestyle product and consumers would like to do more with their inkjet printers than just simple print. With the new applications, consumers can create innovative 3D arts, photo albums, photo frames among others. With the new exciting range of printers and innovations coming from Canon, we aim to be No. 1 in India by 2015.”
The new applications are designed to streamline the scanning and printing processes and offers consumers new interesting ways of innovating with photos and creating exciting craft works, calendars, posters, collage etc.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021