Cards payments go mobile
PayMate launches card payment acceptance mobile application.May 16, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
PayMate has launched the PayPOS application, which allows small businesses to accept and process electronic transactions using credit and debit cards directly on their mobile phones at the point of sale (POS) itself. The application has no setup fee, rentals, variable fees or minimum transaction threshold.
Anyone with a Smartphone can sign up with PayPOS and begin transactions immediately. To charge, the merchant just needs to enter the mobile number and the amount on the screen. The customer then enters the card details and the secure password. The transaction is then processed in real time. The application has already seen over 25,000 downloads.
“With the PayPOS first of its kind application launched in India for smartphones, transactions-on-the-move will be a suitable option for small businesses with smartphones, especially those who need mobility. Businesses in the unorganised retail sector will benefit tremendously from the services of this application”, said Ajay Adiseshann, Founder and Managing Director, PayMate.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India