Carrefour: Plans for its first outlet in India, in place
The French retail giant Carrefour is all set to make inroads in India with its first cash-and-carry outlet in New Delhi over the next two-three months.
May 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
The French retail giant Carrefour is all set to make inroads in India with its first cash-and-carry outlet in New Delhi over the next two-three months. The company also plans to set up three to four other wholesale outlets in the country by year-end.
Carrefour has signed a 20-year lease with Parsvnath Developers Limited for 1,00,000 sq. ft space in New Delhi for its first wholesale outlet. The company is seeing signs of improvement regarding the investment climate in India and said it will soon announce its Indian franchise partner.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear