Carrefour comes to a standstill
Puts expansion plans on hold.
Tags: carrefourJuly 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carrefour has put its expansion plans for growing in Indian on hold owing to the global downturn.
It is being said that the company is rationalising its expansion plans keeping in mind the overall financial scenario. The plan to open the store in Pune is also off the track as of now. Hiring with respect to the stores for which the company has already finalised real estate leases, is on hold as well.
The company plans to work around everything in a much planned way so as not to get hit by losses post the opening of its stores. Presently they are operating two cash and carry outlets in India.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India