Carrefour comes to a standstill
Puts expansion plans on hold.
Tags: carrefourJuly 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carrefour has put its expansion plans for growing in Indian on hold owing to the global downturn.
It is being said that the company is rationalising its expansion plans keeping in mind the overall financial scenario. The plan to open the store in Pune is also off the track as of now. Hiring with respect to the stores for which the company has already finalised real estate leases, is on hold as well.
The company plans to work around everything in a much planned way so as not to get hit by losses post the opening of its stores. Presently they are operating two cash and carry outlets in India.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021