CavinKare's new snack facility
State of the art eight acre plant.July 18, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Garden namkeens was acquired by Cavinkare Pvt Ltd in August 2009, and that has marked a new chapter in the success story for Gardens. Garden Namkeens has opened its new facility at Bhiwandi, Maharashtra. Spread across eight acres, the factory deploys futuristic technology to cater to the brand’s current and future requirements. The investment of the plant is Rs 80 crore and has a current renewed capacity of 1,200 metric tonnes which will be scaled up largely to 1,800 metric tonnes as the demand increases.
Commenting on this, TD Mohan, Joint Managing Director, CavinKare Pvt. Ltd said, “Garden Namkeens is a significant brand from CavinKare that has grown to become a prominent snack in the market today. With this plant we can now pursue aggressive growth for Garden Namkeens products across the country and also introduce a wide range of other products within salted snacks and sweets categories.”
The machineries used are imported from USA and Australia which is qualified as world’s best for manufacturing snacks. The factory is designed to be environment-friendly using green sources of energy like agricultural waste which is also the main source. The cooling technology is also ozone friendly and the water used is 100 per cent recyclable. This infrastructure will meet out the International FDA requirements.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint