Chaudhary Group to venture into Retail
The Chaudhary Group, one of the leading conglomerates of Nepal, is geared up for their entry into the retail sector with their chain of supermarkets.
September 07, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Chaudhary Group, one of the leading conglomerates of Nepal, is geared up for their entry into the retail sector with their chain of supermarkets. The group has appointed Beyond Squarefeet Advisory Pvt Ltd as their handholding advisory for the project, steering the retail entry strategy for the group.
Beyond Squarefeet will be involved in the retail entry strategy for the group along with planning of store formats, layouts, designing of the supermarkets, creating of the merchandising mix, planning strategy, branding, etc. Beyond Squarefeet along with the Chaudhary Group is currently in the process of developing the final business plans for the new retail chain.
Speaking on the development, Ashish Sharma, CEO, Chaudhary Group said, “Our entry into retail is a forward integration of our various businesses. Since we already have the knowledge of the consumers through our FMCG business, we are sure that it will help us to deliver the expectations of the consumer”. Organised retail (one per cent of the retail trade) in Nepal is still at a nascent stage with very few players in the market.
Susil S. Dungarwal, Chief Mall Mechanic, Beyond Squarefeet, commented, “Having been part of the learning curve of the Indian retail industry for over two decades, we feel that our learning from India would be well utilised in setting up a Rrtail chain in Nepal as most of the socio-economic trends are similar. In the last two decades, we have gone through the entire cycle of retail store set-up and operations.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021