Claire’s 1st store launched
Plan to open 30 stores across India in next 3 years.March 16, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
DLF Brands Ltd has announced the launch of Claire’s first ever store in DLF Promenade, Delhi. Claire’s is the US-based fashion accessories brand targeting kids, tweens, teens and young women around the world.
Speaking on the occasion, Dipak Agarwal, Chief Executive - Operations and Strategy, DLF Brands, said, “We are extremely delighted to launch Claire’s first ever store in Delhi. It is a 100 per cent franchised store and is part of our overall strategy of bringing new range of product lines to our customers. The fashion accessories market in India is largely dominated by unbranded players, therefore we see a huge market potential for branded players in this segment. The market currently stands at an approx Rs 1,000 crore and is growing at about 20 per cent. We have seen a growth of about 23-28 per cent in the last two years. We are hopeful of a good response for the Claire’s store and plan to open over 30 such stores across India in the next three years.”
The new store is spread across an area of 1,000 sq ft and is divided into two halves – for young and younger and youngest girls respectively. A unique feature of the store is that customers can get their ears pierced at the store. The brand offers trained staff and experts present at the store for performing the job hygienically. It is entirely a new concept in India to offer such activity in a store inside a mall.
Claire’s offers products ranging from Rs 300 to Rs 3,000 and for girls as young as 3-year-old. The launch of Claire’s has marked the establishment of a new era in India where the need of each age group is deemed important.
- Wrangler launches Wrangler 20X as a Flipkart exclusive
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations