Coca-Cola to invest Rs 1,200 crore in AP
Beverage giant to set up its largest manufacturing facility in Asia.March 19, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Coca-Cola plans to set up its biggest greenfield manufacturing facility in Asia at a cost of nearly Rs 1,200 crore in Andhra Pradesh, and it would be spread across 150 acres.
This MNC is expected to sign an initial lease agreement with IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited) shortly.
A senior executive from IFFCO has confirmed the land procurement by this US-based MNC.
India is the seventh largest market for Coca-Cola, and this player had earlier announced investments to the tune of $5 billion (nearly Rs 30,500 crore) along with its local partner from 2012 to 2020.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear