Coffee Day aims high
Plans Rs 400 crore expansion.April 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Best known for its Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) chain of coffee shops across India, the Coffee Day Group is increasing its thrust on its software special economic zone (SEZ), through an expansion spanning a million sq ft of space, for which it is understood to be raising debt of Rs 200 crore. Large technology companies, such as HP-MphasiS, MindTree and Texas Instruments are among the occupants of the SEZ.
V G Siddhartha, Chairman and Founder of the group, confirmed the expansion plans. Besides realty, he said another sector in focus this year would be its recently acquired business in logistics. “Sical Logistics, which we acquired recently, has immense potential and we will fine-tune the operations,” he added.
Unfazed by the ensuing entry of Starbucks into India, The flagship CCD is expected to add 200-300 cafes this year, taking the total to 1,200 outlets.
The group is also betting on e-commerce space to improve the margins. It has a vanilla site right now and are working towards its completion.
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores