Coffee in a new cup
Starbucks finds its gateway to India in Mumbai, opens first flagship store.October 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tata Starbucks, the 50:50 joint venture between Starbucks Coffee Company and Tata Global Beverages, today opened its doors to the first Starbucks store in India. The 40 year old brand has started their journey in the country at Elphinstone Building at Horniman Circle, Mumbai.
“We are proud to enter the Indian market with Tata Global Beverages, a global company that shares many of the same values that Starbucks was founded on more than 40 years ago,” said Howard Schultz, chairman, president and CEO, Starbucks Coffee Company.
“We are delighted to come together today and transform the coffee experience for consumers across India, while providing a community gathering place to connect with family and friends,” said RK Krishna Kumar, vice chairman, Tata Global Beverages.
The Indian Espresso Roast will be a hallmark feature of all Starbucks stores in the market and highlights the quality espresso available in India. As part of the agreement, Starbucks and Tata Coffee will work towards developing and improving the profile of Indian-grown arabica coffees around the world by elevating the stature of Indian coffee, as well as improving the quality of coffee through sustainable practices and advanced agronomy solutions.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021