Colgate toothpaste holds 54% market share
Colgate-Palmolive posts profits of Rs 114 crore.May 31, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited has announced the net sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 at Rs 685.9 crore, an increase of 18 per cent over the same quarter of the previous year. Net profit for the quarter was reported at Rs 130.8 crore, a 15 per cent increase over the net profit of Rs 114.1 crore for the same quarter of the previous year.
While for the financial year 2011-12, the Company reported net sales of Rs 2,623.8 crore, an 18 per cent increase over the previous year. The net profit for the financial year stood at Rs 446.5 crore.
The toothpaste category grew at 14 per cent rate and Colgate held leadership position with 54 per cent volume market share in January’12 – April’12. While the emerging mouthwash category, with a volume market share of 26.2per cent (Jan ’12-Apr’12) up from 25.7per cent (Jan’11-Apr’11).
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021