Colgate toothpaste holds 54% market share
Colgate-Palmolive posts profits of Rs 114 crore.May 31, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited has announced the net sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 at Rs 685.9 crore, an increase of 18 per cent over the same quarter of the previous year. Net profit for the quarter was reported at Rs 130.8 crore, a 15 per cent increase over the net profit of Rs 114.1 crore for the same quarter of the previous year.
While for the financial year 2011-12, the Company reported net sales of Rs 2,623.8 crore, an 18 per cent increase over the previous year. The net profit for the financial year stood at Rs 446.5 crore.
The toothpaste category grew at 14 per cent rate and Colgate held leadership position with 54 per cent volume market share in January’12 – April’12. While the emerging mouthwash category, with a volume market share of 26.2per cent (Jan ’12-Apr’12) up from 25.7per cent (Jan’11-Apr’11).
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore