Country Chicken ventures into India
Australia's quick service restaurant chain Country Chicken forays into India through a tie-up with the Chennai based Star Quick Service Restaurants Pvt Ltd.
September 13, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Australia's quick service restaurant chain Country Chicken forays into India through a tie-up with the Chennai based Star Quick Service Restaurants Pvt Ltd. Rama Krishna, CEO, Star Quick Service Restaurants (Star QSR), says, "Country Chicken will appoint master franchisees for different regions and these master franchisees will in turn appoint franchisees to set up outlets in the country." “However, Country Chicken along with Star QSR will invest and set up centralised kitchens in various places depending upon the number of outlets in and around that region,” he added. These centralised kitchens (processing plants) will supply processed chicken and pizza range with all ingredients to ensure standardised product quality across outlets. Country Chicken intends to invest Rs 200 crore to put up 300 stores in the country, 80 percent of which will be in the ‘express' format.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO