Craft Traditions flagship store at The Galaxy Hotel
The store displays an amazing range of art and craft that forms an integral part of Indian culture
July 21, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Craft Traditions, the company which has created a marketing platform for India’s skilled artisans, weavers, craft societies, self help groups and craft clusters, launched its flagship store at The Galaxy Hotel and Spa, Gurgaon.
Spread out over an impressive area of 15000 sq ft the retail store displays an amazing range of art and craft that forms an integral part of Indian culture. This showcase of the captivating beauty of indigenous crafts intends to enrich the lives of consumers with India’s rich traditional heritage. The effort is also to present the customer with the finest quality authentic handicrafts at genuine prices to enhance the shopping experience.
States Indu Sabharwaal, CEO Craft Traditions, “Our vision is to create Indian artefacts using the exquisite traditional designs and interpret them in a contemporary manner to suit modern sensibilities”. The team employs innovations and experiments with techniques, materials and colours to invoke spectacular designs. “We work extensively with various self help groups engaged in artisan welfare and constantly push artisans into achieving better quality and finish of products as also create sustainable means of livelihood” Indu further adds.
This support to the master craftsmen proves invaluable as most of them have been engaged in the pursuit of honing their craft since generations and depend upon it as a direct source of their livelihood. Since its inception, Craft Traditions has also extended support to many fair trade organisations and self help groups such as SEDA, Sadhna, Sandur Kala, Wama etc. to provide sustainable livelihood to the craftsperson and uphold craft heritage. In addition, the company ensures to employ environmentally friendly design processes.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021