DELSEY forays into the Indian Market
Marks its entry by introducing its contemporary design luggage to the well travelled Indian
July 12, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
After making its mark in 110 countries across 5 continents, Delsey, the second most successful luggage brand in the world enters India. Focusing first on the burgeoning Delhi market it introduces its contemporary design luggage to the well travelled Indian. Delsey products, though initially will be available across all prominent luggage stores in Delhi, but will soon be made available across all major Indian metros.
Speaking on the launch, Catherine De Bleeker , Group Marketing Director, Delsey said, “With more than one billion inhabitants, 40 million of whom have a high income and a middle class of 300 million, the Indian Travel Industry is estimated nearly 10 billion dollars with an annual growth of 28%. Over the coming years a real boom in growth is expected. DELSEY has the very ambitious project to open more than 100 stores within one year in Asia Pacific region and foraying the Indian market is just a step in achieving this.”
The inaugural line consists of some of their best sellers like: X’per Lite, ODC II, LYTPUS, UPTREND. Connoisseurs of design can look forward to taking away the monotony of black with X per lite that incorporates colors like sea blue, silver grey and a warm brown in a range of soft luggage. Lyptus allows the young travelers imagination to run free with an abundant dose of zips and peppy colors like lemon yellow. Uptrend implores the busy head honcho to get organized in this urban bag as ODC II exudes a novel contemporary design with its unstructured ergonomic appeal.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021