DRS forays into warehousing with PE
Recently, DRS Group has constructed
December 15, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Recently, DRS Group has constructed its own and large warehouses, especially in tier I & II cities like Jaipur, Ambala, Mumbai and Gurgaon. The Group has earlier floated special purpose vehicle (SPV) i.e. DRS Warehousing North Pvt Ltd with Merrill Lynch as its PE investor for warehousing expansion in North India. According to A K Agarwal, director, DRS Group, the Group has also drawn plans to set up modern warehousing facilities with around Rs. 4000 million in South India through a similar SPV. Out of the required 100 acres, 72 acres of land has been acquired for the proposed expansion. While prospective PE investor will hold 50 pc, the remaining will be with the Group in the form of land.
In addition, DRS Group is also strengthening its IT initiatives. "We are investing in upgrading and developing our IT infrastructure for better connectivity across our branches," said Agarwal.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG