DRS forays into warehousing with PE
Recently, DRS Group has constructed
December 15, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Recently, DRS Group has constructed its own and large warehouses, especially in tier I & II cities like Jaipur, Ambala, Mumbai and Gurgaon. The Group has earlier floated special purpose vehicle (SPV) i.e. DRS Warehousing North Pvt Ltd with Merrill Lynch as its PE investor for warehousing expansion in North India. According to A K Agarwal, director, DRS Group, the Group has also drawn plans to set up modern warehousing facilities with around Rs. 4000 million in South India through a similar SPV. Out of the required 100 acres, 72 acres of land has been acquired for the proposed expansion. While prospective PE investor will hold 50 pc, the remaining will be with the Group in the form of land.
In addition, DRS Group is also strengthening its IT initiatives. "We are investing in upgrading and developing our IT infrastructure for better connectivity across our branches," said Agarwal.
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end