DS Group enters confectionery segment
To invest nearly Rs 150 crore on new business initiative.April 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Dharampal Satyapal (DS) Group, one of the leading FMCG conglomerates, has forayed into the confectionery market with the launch of ‘Chingles’ chewing gum. The product will be a part of the company’s Pass Pass brand, which will be now broadened to encompass a portfolio of confectionery, with Pass Pass Chingles as the first offering to be followed by other innovative products.
The group plans to invest around Rs 150 crore in setting up of this new business that will add to the topline of the group in its first year. DS Group offers brands like Catch Salt & Spices, Catch Natural Spring Water, beverages, Pass Pass and Rajnigandha.
Commenting on their entry in the confectionery market, Puesh Kumar, Director, DS Group, said, “DS Group has forayed into the growing confectionery business to expand its footprint in the food space. Food business, especially confectionery, will be a new growth driver for the company. For the business, it is an extension of our product line, where we can leverage the depth of our retail network.” He added, “During the test marketing phase, we received an overwhelming response to ‘Chingles’. The demand was so high that we had to delay the launch of ‘Chingles’ in metros to gear up our production to meet the anticipated quantities.”
In order to promote the new offering, the group will run multi-media communication campaign, including a new television commercial. ‘Chingles’ will be positioned as a brand full of life and laughter.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India