Dabur plans 15 retail stores this fiscal
Dabur India is taking a relook at expanding its retail venture NewU.
July 21, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Dabur India is taking a relook at expanding its retail venture NewU. After opening a new store in Delhi recently, two more stores will be opened in Bangalore and Hyderabad by next month. 12 to 15 stores are expected to come up this financial year and are likely to be opened in these three cities only. Initially, the company had planned to roll out 20-25 outlets but later it revised the number downwards. Dabur is planning store expansion but has no plans of expansion of geographies right now. It is advantageous for the company logistically because it already has warehouses in the north and south. The company has no plans of any tie-up with any real estate developer but it has gone for revenue sharing model for a lot of its stores. It is looking at footfall, visibility and location before setting up a store. The size of NewU stores is going to be around 1,000 sq. ft. The NewU stores will have on display near about 20,000 products like cosmetics, perfumes, skin and personal care as well as baby and family care items, fashion accessories, usual merchandise, Ayurvedic and herbal products and pharmaceuticals from all global and homebred companies.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore