Dabur plans 15 retail stores this fiscal
Dabur India is taking a relook at expanding its retail venture NewU.
July 21, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Dabur India is taking a relook at expanding its retail venture NewU. After opening a new store in Delhi recently, two more stores will be opened in Bangalore and Hyderabad by next month. 12 to 15 stores are expected to come up this financial year and are likely to be opened in these three cities only. Initially, the company had planned to roll out 20-25 outlets but later it revised the number downwards. Dabur is planning store expansion but has no plans of expansion of geographies right now. It is advantageous for the company logistically because it already has warehouses in the north and south. The company has no plans of any tie-up with any real estate developer but it has gone for revenue sharing model for a lot of its stores. It is looking at footfall, visibility and location before setting up a store. The size of NewU stores is going to be around 1,000 sq. ft. The NewU stores will have on display near about 20,000 products like cosmetics, perfumes, skin and personal care as well as baby and family care items, fashion accessories, usual merchandise, Ayurvedic and herbal products and pharmaceuticals from all global and homebred companies.
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald's has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India