Dabur to enter aroma products market
Launch a range of aroma products under the Odonil brand
August 16, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
FMCG company Dabur is gearing up to enter the Indian aroma products market by expanding the portfolio of its existing air freshener brand 'Odonil', targeting sales of Rs 300 crore from the segment by 2015. Dabur said it will launch a range of aroma products such as traditional oil burner, potpourri, pillar candle and aromatic floating candle under the Odonil brand.
"We are entering into the unbranded aroma products market. The segment is currently very unorganised and could be estimated at around Rs 150 crore," Dabur India Brand Head (Odonil) Rajat Nanda said.
At present, the Indian air fragrances market, including the traditional agarbattis, is estimated to be around Rs 2,000 crore. It is currently dominated by Mysore-based NR Group, which sells Cycle brand of agarbattis along, with ITC Ltd.
Nanda said the idea to launch new aromatic products is to widen the range of products under the Odonil brand and make it a complete air freshening brand.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India