Damco unveils app for mobile platforms
With this, Damco becomes the first logistic provider to offer such an app on mobile platform
June 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Damco, one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management solutions, has released an app for all of the major mobile platforms; iPhone/iPad, Android and Blackberry. The new app is aimed at providing customers a fast and simple way to get an overview on the status of the logistic services being delivered to them by Damco.
Damco is the first logistic provider in the industry to offer its customers apps on all important mobile platforms and the launch is part of an overall effort to prepare for a future where more business processes will need to be efficiently supported on smartphones and tablets.
“The proliferation of mobile devices is making it economical and scalable to reach customers with apps. During recent years tremendous advances have been made, not only in the capabilities of the devices, but also in their ease of use,” says Mark Scotland, Chief Information Officer at Damco.
According to market data made public by IT Research Company Gartner 428 million mobile communication devices were sold in Q1 2011, which represent a 19 percent increase year-on-year. Smartphones continues to outpace the rest of the market and accounted for 23.6 percent of overall sales in Q1 2011, an increase of 85 percent year-on-year, according to Gartner.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO