Delhi Duty Free appoints new CEO
Duncan Lawley is new Chief Executive OfficerSeptember 20, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Duncan Lawley, a distinguished name in the travel and retail domain has joined Delhi Duty Free Services as CEO. With an extensive knowledge of business start-ups within the travel and retail industry and armed with a degree in Business Management, Lawley brings a wealth of knowledge and duty free retailing experience to support and drive Delhi Duty Free Services (DDFS) growth going forward.
Being a virtuoso in the airport retailing industry, Duncan has over 25 years of experience and has been instrumental in the development and successful implementation of several duty free ventures across the world. Duncan comes most recently from the ARI JVat Cyprus’s Larnaka andPafos airports where he was General Manager.
Prior to the Cyprus role, Duncan worked as a consultant with WH Smith where he re-launched the brand at Copenhagen and Arlanda airports, with GVA Grimley Outlets.
Speaking on the occasion, Duncan Lawley says, “The success of Delhi Duty Free has redefined the Indian travel retail experience for both the travelers and for the world’s top global luxury brands. I am very excited to have the opportunity to work for India’s largest duty free operator. I look forward to exploring even more avenues to develop growth here as well as consolidating the successes already achieved.”
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India