Delhi Duty Free appoints new CEO
Duncan Lawley is new Chief Executive OfficerSeptember 20, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Duncan Lawley, a distinguished name in the travel and retail domain has joined Delhi Duty Free Services as CEO. With an extensive knowledge of business start-ups within the travel and retail industry and armed with a degree in Business Management, Lawley brings a wealth of knowledge and duty free retailing experience to support and drive Delhi Duty Free Services (DDFS) growth going forward.
Being a virtuoso in the airport retailing industry, Duncan has over 25 years of experience and has been instrumental in the development and successful implementation of several duty free ventures across the world. Duncan comes most recently from the ARI JVat Cyprus’s Larnaka andPafos airports where he was General Manager.
Prior to the Cyprus role, Duncan worked as a consultant with WH Smith where he re-launched the brand at Copenhagen and Arlanda airports, with GVA Grimley Outlets.
Speaking on the occasion, Duncan Lawley says, “The success of Delhi Duty Free has redefined the Indian travel retail experience for both the travelers and for the world’s top global luxury brands. I am very excited to have the opportunity to work for India’s largest duty free operator. I look forward to exploring even more avenues to develop growth here as well as consolidating the successes already achieved.”
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG