Disney Couture launched
Disney Couture showcases at LFW 2012.March 09, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Disney Couture presented Mickey and Minnie by Little Shilpa and Nitin Bal Chauhan at the Lakme Fashion Week 2012. The occasion saw Minnie Mouse, who unveiled a contemporary range of fashion apparel and accessories for men and women, by designers Little Shilpa and Nitin Bal Chauhan.
Little Shilpa’s collection was targeted towards women and is made up of headpieces, neckpieces, bags, shoes and apparel. The collection integrates influences from pop surrealism and uses imagery that reflects the relationship between Mickey and Minnie – playful but most importantly about love, togetherness and friendship.
Mickey and Minnie’s colourful motifs also became the inspiration behind Nitin Bal Chauhan’s designs, created for both men and women and high on structured style. While the essence of the collection is blue, the range evokes a bright and retro colour palette and features light and heavy weight denims washed using the latest technology providing a unique texture. Accessories like bags and belts were made from leather, canvas, fibre glass and acrylic while headgear was made using a range of materials moulded like clay to achieve smooth curves and shapes. He also used wires, metallic gauze, test tubes, flowers made out of junk for his collection.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2