Disney Couture launched
Disney Couture showcases at LFW 2012.March 09, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Disney Couture presented Mickey and Minnie by Little Shilpa and Nitin Bal Chauhan at the Lakme Fashion Week 2012. The occasion saw Minnie Mouse, who unveiled a contemporary range of fashion apparel and accessories for men and women, by designers Little Shilpa and Nitin Bal Chauhan.
Little Shilpa’s collection was targeted towards women and is made up of headpieces, neckpieces, bags, shoes and apparel. The collection integrates influences from pop surrealism and uses imagery that reflects the relationship between Mickey and Minnie – playful but most importantly about love, togetherness and friendship.
Mickey and Minnie’s colourful motifs also became the inspiration behind Nitin Bal Chauhan’s designs, created for both men and women and high on structured style. While the essence of the collection is blue, the range evokes a bright and retro colour palette and features light and heavy weight denims washed using the latest technology providing a unique texture. Accessories like bags and belts were made from leather, canvas, fibre glass and acrylic while headgear was made using a range of materials moulded like clay to achieve smooth curves and shapes. He also used wires, metallic gauze, test tubes, flowers made out of junk for his collection.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021